- Indian City: Ludhiana
- State: Punjab
- Postal Code: 141401
- Expires: This ad has expired
About the Disease
Tuberculosis (TB) is a contagious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis. When this bacillus is stained with carbol fuchsin it appears purplish red. The bacterium retains this dye even when it is washed with acid and alcohol. That is why it is called acid fast bacillus (AFB). Mycobacterium tuberculosis can remain dormant for many years in the lung without producing disease.
The spread of infection
The patient with pulmonary TB is the source of infection to others around him, especially when his sputum contains AFB. When such a patient coughs, he expels thousands of tiny droplets around him which have AFB in them.
Transmission of infection takes place when those around him breathe this contaminated air. Direct sunlight rapidly destroys AFB, but they can survive for long periods in darkness. Thus the risk of transmission of infection is highest in those persons who stay indoors with such a patient for long periods, e.g. family contacts.
The infection is largely spread in the community by patients whose sputum smear is positive for AFB. The chances of a sputum smear negative patient spreading infection are much less, and by those with extrapulmonary TB even lower.
The onset of disease
90 percent of the infected adults never develop TB. They remain asymptomatic but Mantoux positive throughout their liver.
The rate of progression of infection to disease is highest shortly after exposure to infection and it diminishes progressively as time passes. However, at anytime, weakening of immune responses and stress may cause multiplication and spread of the already present bacteria, resulting in the onset of tuberculous disease.
Making a Diagnosis
Cough, chest pain and fever are symptoms common to a variety of lung diseases. Most acute respiratory conditions subside within 3-4 weeks. When these symptoms persist for more than 3 weeks or if the patient has haemoptysis, a diagnosis of pulmonary TB must be considered in view of the high prevalence of this disease in our country. The above symptoms may or may not be associated with constitutional symptoms like malaise, loss of appetite and weight, and night sweats.
Pulmonary TB does not present with any specific physical signs. It cannot be distinguished from other respiratory disease on the basis of physical examination alone.
TB CASE AND OUR TREATMENT…..
PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS:- ——— A CASE OF PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS ,WHO WAS UNDER THE TREATMENT OF CITY BASED GIANT HOSPITAL FOR PREVIOUS ONE AND HALF YEARS.BUT THE PROBLEMS DID NOT QUIT HER.COUGH ,CHEST PAIN , NIGHT TEMPRATURE LOW GRADE AND LOSS OF APPETITE PERSIST. SHE CAME TO US ON THE 20TH NOVEMBER ‘ 08 FOR OUR TREATMENT. AFTER 14 DAYS IMPROVEMENT ROLLED ON . BUT IN A VERY SLOW PROCESS. HOWEVER THE SPEED ,THE PATIENT BECAME HOPEFUL WITH THE RESULT SHE RECEIVED WITH FOURTEEN DAYS WHICH THE DOMINANT SCHOOL [ ALLOPATHY MEDICINE] COULD NOT SHOW. SHE WAS FINALLY CHECKED ON TH 9TH MARCH,2009 AND FOUND ALL RIGHT AND FREE FROM TUBERCULOSIS . SHE CAME TO US THIS MORNING [ 19 TH OCTOBER ,2009] FOR CHECK UP, WE HAVE CHECKED UP AND FOUND HER ALL FIT.Add to favoritesFavorited by 437 people.
1383 total views, 9 today
Some other Services ads that you might be interested in...
AMCC conducts various courses in the field of Complimentary, Ayurveda, Holistic, Herbal Therapy, Paramedical sciences under various system of Alternative Medicines through its hundreds of affiliated […]August 29, 2015
3262 total views, 28 today
HCL (CDC) Provide Linux training in Noida, PHP Training, Android training, cloud computing training Live Project Training in Delhi Dot net training, Embedded training, J2EE, […]December 10, 2015
491 total views, 3 today
Top 5 Most Favorited Ads at Adsnity.in!
Jobs in India. Full Time or Work from Home based Part Time jobs
Jobs Classifieds in India for latest Job Ads . Post free Jobs Online in IndiaUsers may find here all kind of jobs related online classifieds for all the major cities in India. Employers may post free Job classifieds at Adsnity.In
Advertise your job recruitment. Place free Jobs without signup or registration required in India.
Post full time jobs in Any sector at Adsnity.in . Employers or companies may also Post part time Home based Internet jobs in India.
Visit Adsnity.in for Full time or Part time work from home Jobs in India
Job Types at Adsnity.in:- Data Entry WorkDevelopers JobPart Time Online JobSales Marketing Job
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads on Adsnity
- Earn Rs. 500 Per Project/ daily Payment (ISO Certified)- Risk free Online Jobs Bangalore, India (8183 views)
- Online Part Time Jobs in Bangalore India -Home Based Data Entry Work Without Investment (6148 views)
- How to Get Data Entry Work in Delhi that Can be Done Online from Home in Part Time (4781 views)
- No Security Deposit. Full/ Part Time Offline Data Entry Form Filling Jobs Pune, Mumbai, India (4739 views)
- Work from Home Part time Online Jobs in Chennai, India in Future Rising Consulting Private Limited | ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company (3539 views)
- Earn regular income online. Genuine Internet jobs in India. Start job and Get money consistently (3486 views)
- Form filling jobs for students in india. Data Entry Part time online Job 2017 in Coimbatore, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai (3374 views)
Adsnity Blog for Marketing & Advertising Tips
- The Most Popular Employment Jobs Sites in India for Job Seekers and Employers
- How To Make Money Online As A Virtual Assistant Working from Home
- Ways to Earn Income Online as a Social Media Marketer | Tips for Making Money
- What are Top 10 Government Jobs Websites in India for Employment and Career Notifications News
- 10 Tips to Generate More Income from YouTube Earnings (You Tube AdSense Account)