Advertisement Listing Description
Non Conductive Voltage Tester
A non-contact voltage tester is the safest way to make sure the power is off without touching any wires.This is where the non-contact voltage tester comes in handy. The plug tester is also a very useful device that can measure voltage in receptacles and ensure if the receptacle is correctly wired.
The tester will light up and/or make noise when it comes close to a live wire, even one that’s covered in plastic insulation.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE WORKING
While testing a power switch, unscrew and remove the cover plate and place the tip of the tester against the screw terminals on the side of the switch. Once you confirm the wires aren’t live, it’s safe to unscrew the switch and continue testing other wires in the box.
For a tool that’s often used in dim basements—or situations where the lights aren’t working—this is a minor but very helpful feature.
When testing a receptacle, just put the tip into the smaller live plug slot. Of course, it’s always good to check the larger neutral slot in case the receptacle was miss-wired, make sure you’ve checked all slots in the receptacle in case they were wired differently or on different circuits, and if the receptacle is connected to a wall switch make sure the switch is on during testing. After you unscrew the receptacle, pull it out and directly test all the wires again to confirm they’re not live. It’s also a good idea to test any other wires reachable from the back of the receptacle.
When testing a light fixture, turn the circuit off at the main panel, and ensure the light switch is turned on. Then unscrew the light bulb, and place the nose of the tester onto the center socket button. If the light has two switches on a three-way switch, test with one switch in both the up and down position. Once you’ve confirmed the fixture isn’t live, it’s safe to unscrew it from the electrical box, pull it out, and test any other wires you see.
Non-contact voltage testers do not have to actually touch live wires or outlets to provide a reading. Instead, place them close to the outlet, fixture or switch that you want to test.
Live current will activate the light on the voltage tester.
More visit:- http://www.tradusway.com/hand-tools.html/
- Online Shopping -Big Sale on Tradusway
- 5 Websites to Earn Money Online in India Working from Home Without Investment
- Top 10 Freelancing Websites in India to Make Money Online as a Freelancer
- How to Generate Passive Residual Income? 10 Best Ways to Make Money Constantly
- Best Websites in India to Buy and Sell Preowned Goods Items
Advertisement Listing: Brief Details
|Company or Service Provider Name||tradusway|
|This Ad is Meant For-||India|
What is Voltage Tester
Search Classified Ads
- Websites to Earn Money Online in India Without Investment
- Best Websites to Make Money Online as a Freelancer
- Work From Home Jobs in Chennai
- Work From Home Online and Offline Jobs
- Online Copy Pasting Jobs
- Online Part Time Jobs in Bangalore
- Online Paid Survey Jobs in India
- Form filling Online jobs
- Get Free email Alerts for Online work and Make Money Tips in India
- Best Websites for Online Jobs in India without Investment