Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Program Officer, Digital Health Full Time Part Time Jobs in Munirka, New Delhi, Delhi @Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Job Types: Part-time, Full Time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Full Job Description: Program Officer, Digital Health vacancy in Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, New Delhi
We are the largest nonprofit fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances, should have the chance to live healthy, productive lives. We believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve. We provide an exceptional benefits package to employees and their families which include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with no premiums, generous paid time off, paid family leave, foundation-paid retirement contribution, regional holidays, and opportunities to engage in several employee communities. As a workplace, we’re committed to creating an environment for you to thrive both personally and professionally.
The Digital and Health Innovation (D&HI) cluster is a core enabler for key goals of the India Country Office (ICO) across our portfolio. On the health innovation front, the cluster is focused on new products such as vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, modeling, and other data science approaches that are crucial to many programs. On the digital side, the aim is to build performance driven and equitable health systems capable of improving India’s health outcomes, or to drive innovations in Agriculture, Sanitation, Financial services for the poor, or to enable socio-economic empowerment of women, Digital can help achieve sustainable program goals. The foundation’s Digital Health strategy in India is two-pronged (i) long-term system transformation through Digital Health Architecture – defining and implementing the right building blocks of Health Data Dictionary, interoperability standards, digital governance, etc.; (ii) ongoing digital innovations to enable better service delivery, data quality, behavior change, and therefore program outcomes.
Application deadline – 14th April 2023
The Program Officer (PO) will lead our investments in support of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) adoption that is underway, working closely with key government partners (at National- and State-level), private sector providers, health-tech ecosystem, and development sector partners.
The PO may work on the following (not exhaustive):
- Orchestration efforts with the key collaborators, our partner organizations with a focus on enabling users to realize the value of ABDM via specific use cases.
- Develop the incentive structures required and for the providers (e.g. clinics, labs, etc.) and foster innovations (e.g. scan & share for patient registration, etc.) that can drive adoption.
- Catalyzing ABDM adoption opportunities that are cross-cutting and focused on horizontal platforms/applications that will drive improved primary care, especially in low-resource settings.
- Initiate and manage new investments to support ABDM adoption with select States in India.
- Find opportunities for broader diffusion of the learnings and approaches from the digital work across India and with LMICs (Low- and Middle-Income Countries) using global platforms and partnerships.
- Focus and ensure a deliberate gender-intentionality into the investments.
- D&HI Portfolio: Support ongoing refinement of our strategies in cross-cutting areas across India programs and align investments.
- Internal & external representation: Serve as technical expert internally to provide feedback on new investments across our work related to Digital Health.
The Program Officer will report to the Deputy Director, D&HI.
What You’ll Do
The PO will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Investment Management & Development
- Engaging with partners, resolving bottlenecks, convening required partnerships and collaborations to advance investment goals, reporting internally and externally on investment progress.
- Regular check-ins (hybrid mode) with existing partners, including writing brief reports of each check-in.
- Completion narratives of all internal grant/contract management-related tasks/activities, including tracking grant outputs, achievements, and results.
- Write ups and resolution of ad-hoc issues that arise during grant/contract management.
- In collaboration with team members, shape new opportunities and help design new investments.
- Support the entire process of developing new grants/contracts through our “INVEST” software system, including writing narratives, developing and working within budget, seeking internal and external technical feedback, addressing leadership questions, and securing approvals.
- Evaluation of technical competencies of bidding organizations; and support potential partners to design investments.
- Co-lead consultations with governments, other donors, private service providers, and NGOs on new opportunities.
Learning and internal engagement Engage with program teams in on digital priorities and goals that align with ABDM.
- Complete various written narratives and PowerPoint presentations for internal strategy documents, including for the annual strategy, operational plans, and other key strategy as well as program management documents.
- Other written and verbal deliverables as required pertaining to strategy, grant/contract development & management, and partnership development.
External relationship management
- Development and management of the partner ecosystem for ABDM
- Working closely with key government partners at the central and select State-level governments
This role will require travel (~30% of time) to engage with partner organizations, government partners/collaborators, and communities in the field.
Your Experience (i.e., Qualifications and Education)
- Bachelor’s or other advanced degree in one or more of the following areas – strategy, technology, science, arts, humanities, systems, digital.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Background in the application of digital technologies to address challenges in rural/semi-urban contexts. Experience on or conceptual understanding of digital platforms used for societal good (‘societal platforms’).
- A basic understanding of the Indian health system as well as some enabling elements of mobile and digital adoption.
- Ability to communicate intricate digital concepts to partners with a diverse set of backgrounds, including internal leadership, program staff, grantees, government partners and other foundation operational resources as well as skill in building consensus among key partners.
- Experience in driving multi-partner (e.g. private sector, civil society organizations, government) product development or service delivery models.
- Strong project management skills, and ability to push towards results within complex, demanding, and fast-moving environments.
- We are looking for professionals who enjoy the challenge of working on complex problems
- Ability to work collaboratively to create solutions
- Be a solid teammate, with a demonstrated ability to work with optimism, patience, flexibility, efficiency, tenacity, and diplomacy in a fast-paced, challenging environment, using an analytical rigor to develop sound strategies and implementation plans.
- Have the ability to work respectfully with a variety of partners at all levels
- Bring a positive attitude and have a sense of humor
- Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Depending upon your work location, we may require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and any recommended booster doses. All employees based in the United States are to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire and any recommended boosters, subject to applicable laws.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request here.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We strive for a global and cultural workplace that supports ever greater diversity, equity, and inclusion — of voices, ideas, and approaches — and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.
To apply for this job please visit gatesfoundation.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.